MyFunRun recognizes the importance of the privacy of children, and as such we have built in mechanisms and safeguards to protect participants' privacy in our system. Each school has unique policies and requirements for security. To that end, we have created several "privacy levels" that offer a range of choices.
Personal Fundraising Web Pages:
Questions regarding online privacy are almost exclusively limited to the Personal Fundraising web pages that each student will use during the campaign. Participants' names may also optionally appear on the Leader Board and on the search page of the main website (donate to a participant). The Leader Board is flexible and may optionally display individual leaders, leading classes and/or leading grades (or no Leader Board at all). In general, MyFunRun recommends using first names with a last initial only on the student's personal fundraising page, however stricter privacy measures are available as described below. The amount of personally identifiable information displayed on the web page is entirely up to you. Anything from individual photos and full names (no privacy), to no names and no personally identifiable information at all (high privacy).
Your school need not provide us (MyFunRun) with any personally identifiable information of participants if you prefer not to. We only require the minimum information to display based on your selected level of privacy.
Here are some options.
- No Privacy:
First name, last name, photo, student created content, and/or anything else you like.
- Low Privacy:
First name, last name, your pre-determined content.
- Medium Privacy (Recommended):
First name, last initial only, pre determined content.
- High Privacy:
Participant number only (no names at all), pre-determined content. This option requires that you provide us with a reference number for each participant.
- For various reasons certain students may have even stricter privacy needs. Those students can be omitted from the participant list you provide us, and/or they can be removed (deleted) from the system from within the administrator Dashboard with the click of a button.
- Highest Privacy:
Individual pages for each class only. No individual pages at all. No names and no participant numbers.
Privacy of Donors:
- Your donors' information belongs to you. MyFunRun will not share or sell your donor's personal information with any third party. You have complete access to all transactional and personal data collected through the website with the exception of credit card related information. This information can be accessed via the Transactions report in the Dashboard. MyFunRun is a division of Myevent.com Inc. Founded in 2002, Myevent.com has a well documented and proven record of success and customer satisfaction.
- about the company or browse our extensive
- from a variety of personal, organizational, and corporate clients.